Powered by Blogger.

Frozen ♥ A Sister More Like Me by Brittney Lee Overview ♥


Hey Lovelies ♥ As many of you know I'm addict or obssessed (whichever one you prefer) with Frozen. If you don't know what Frozen is then you proberly been HIDING UNDER A ROCK SO WAKE UP! I can't let this movie go ;) I love it so much and when I bought The Art of Frozen book and saw all the concept art I love it. My favourite artist was Brittney Lee throughout the entire book and when I found out she was writing books for Frozen with her art I knew I had to get it! This book has been on my wish list since Christmas but I never got it so when I saw it for £5 on amazon I took the oppitunity! I now own the book 'A Sister More Like Me' by Brittany Lee all about the sister realtionship of Elsa and Anna :')






This is book is stunning. It is a children storybook about Elsa and Anna which twists to the story of Frozen. It's all about their differences and why they would want a sister who is more like them. Even though the story is aimed at children, it's very sweet and moving. The pictures though..I would recommend them to anyone! They are perfection ♥





The book starts off with an introduction of the two princesses. They tell us about themselves and they have different writing styles to help us know whose writing is whose. I love how Elsa's is dark coloured and plain, where on the other hand Anna's is bold and colourful and kind of messy! I think my writing style would be abit of both actually quite bold and colourful but also quite refined and shy. What about yours?


Throughout the book Elsa and Anna tell us the differences between them and how they would like a better sister more like them. It seems like these are the bits in 'Do you want to build a snowman?' that happen throughout the years but we don't see. The art is beautiful and very bold with colours. Brittany sticks to deep purple, dark pinks and blacks for Elsa while Anna is light greens, bright pinks and oranges. The art really helps the reader compare the two sisters.


As the book goes on you reach the parts of the movie that you may recongise when Elsa goes to the North Mountain and Anna goes to find her. The final pages of the book are wonderful as they use bright warm colours for both characters as Elsa has let go and Anna doesn't feel alone anymore.





I highly recommend this book to anyone of any age as the story is warming and sweet and the drawings are sensational. I'm definatly going to get the other Brittney Lee books including The Amazing Snowman and Part of Your World. I'm in love with this book and any Frozen, Disney or even art/animation fan would be too ♥

Hope you enjoyed me overview and some sneak peeks into the book :') Bye Lovelies ♥


Brittney Lee's website - http://britsketch.blogspot.co.uk/
Brittney Lee's twitter -  https://twitter.com/britsketch
A Sister More Like Me book - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Disney-Frozen-Sister-More-Like/dp/1423170148/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405184564&sr=8-1&keywords=a+sister+more+like+me

No comments