Powered by Blogger.

My Overview of 2014 ♥

2014 is nearly over and it's been one magical year for me. I've grown so much over the past year and really found out who I am. I was thinking and I felt the need to do an overview of the year to really embrace how much I've gained in confidence and courage so join me in my magical journey through 2014..

We start in January, the beginning of 2014 and fresh start. I had really started to accept myself in the New Year as Frozen had really helped me embrace my difference and really shine. I bought my first ever Disney doll plush, which was Anna from Frozen, and for the first time I didn't feel embarrassed to be a 14 year old buying cuddle toys. It was a great feeling and I finally accepted myself for me! I remember I also started my Frozen collection that day as I bought some books and a poster and at that moment I could have never imagined how big my collection would be at the end of the year! January was a good start for me and that was only the beginning...


March was a massive month for me as it was my birthday month! I was turning 15 finally but I have to say my choice of presents was probably more like a 7 year old..I went to London to go to Oxford Street with my Mum and Auntie. I visited the Disney Store as that was my main reason for wanting to go to Oxford Street of course. It was amazing! If you want to hear a full post all about it and what I got you can read them here and here :) I also finally got to see Wicked in London for my Mum's birthday and it was breathtaking, I loved every minute! I hope to see it again someday as it really sparked my imagination. I'd love to see it in America on Broadway as I love the American accents to the songs! Frozen also came out on DVD at the end of March and I had preordered a few months before so I could get the extra goodies. I was actually ill that day and watched other Disney movies all day and when Frozen arrived in the post, I couldn't wait to finally watch it with my family! We all loved it and I wanna watch it with them all again soon ♥ 

May was a probably the best month of my year as I went back to Disneyland Paris! I convinced all my family that it was the best idea over going to a cold barn..and it was believe me! We had another magical time and I love every single moment. It was the Swing Into Spring Festival and it was super cute. We met some many amazing characters including Rapunzel (who I wanted to meet the most) and we saw all the shows and parades. I got to see Dreams! again and I fell in love all over again. I actually cried abit when I was walking out the park :'( I felt home and it was a great feeling. You can read all about my trip here, here, here, here, here and here! I'm now trying to persuade my parents to go for a short trip for my birthday as I just feel safe and home ♥ 

Summer 2014 was probably one of my best summers ever! We went aboard for the first time in over 5 years to Spain and it was amazing. We spent a week in beautiful villa with our own pool in Nerja. It was such a great holiday and we spent some of the most wonderful family time ever! We spent loads of time together enjoying the heat and fun of Spain :) I was really happy as I even found Disney in Spain including some cool Frozen things. We had non-stop smiles and happiness through our holiday and I can't wait to go back to Spain in 2015 for more family time ♥ 

We took another unexpected short break to my Mum's favourite place in the world, Cornwall. We had only booked to go a few weeks before but we really enjoyed it even though the first few days were so misty and foggy we couldn't see anything! It was really funny though as we were there during Halloween and the mist gave it the perfect spooky feel!! We stayed in a barn on a small family farm with sheep, chickens, ducks, rabbits and goats. I really enjoyed it and loved the sheep so much, I even bought a sheep plushie to remember them :) I was so happy when we were shopping one day and I found a clothing print shop and they were printing Frozen designs. I got a jumper and had Anna and Elsa printed on the back in silver glitter! I was the first ever person to get one and it was just magical ♥ 

So we got guinea pigs at the end of August last year and over this past year I've just grown closer and closer towards them. I love them so much and don't know how I lived without them. They are my little bundles of hope and faith and they mean so much to me. Whenever I'm sad or low I just give them a hug, they don't run away or say mean things to me..they are just quite and loving being hugged :) This month my Auntie got a new kitten called Purrrfect and he is a dark brown (charcoal) colour with big blue eyes. He is the cutest little kitten ever and I can't wait to see him when I visit my Auntie as he just always makes me smile and laugh. All my life I'm never liked animals at all, I've been afraid but since last year when my sister decided she wanted guinea pigs I've grown so much as now I love all animals and I'm not really scared of any pets I might run into :) 


Before I continue..I'm not saying that there aren't 'creepy' people online but most of them are nice..all I say is be careful. It's easy to get caught out, so stay safe and always tell your parents/carers if your talking to someone new online..anyway.. I'm not great at making or keeping friends when you have to see them 24/7 or talk for hours so over this past year I dived head first into the online community. I've been using Instagram for a while now but never really saw a point of it..now it's my life and it contains some of my best friends! I looked into different communities and found out that people still penpal but not just to your friends next door! I found out that people penpal and send things all around the world and that really started my online life. I started posting on my instagram more often and asking people if they wanted to penpal and now I write to loads of friends all over the globe! I have made some hopefully life long friends that I talk to daily on our social media and I really found my place. 
We're coming to the end of my overview of 2014 and the finish I needed to include Disney. Disney has been my escape this year BIG TIME! This year has been a rollercoaster of up and down emotions but I know that when I need to escape my real life, I can go to any place I want from Arendelle with Anna and Elsa to Neverland with Peter Pan and Pride Rock with Simba to Corona with Rapunzel..the worlds are endless and I can escape mine for a while. I use Disney everyday in my life to help me understand things and express my emotions. I couldn't live without Disney and over the past year I've talked to some amazing people who love Disney too. Thankyou Walt Disney for creating an escape for many people ♥ 

I can't believe that in just a few hours 2014 will be gone and January 2015 will arrive! I can't wait for the year ahead to grow more and more. I'm really embraced myself this year and even though I had extremely low points this year, I've never felt more happy to be me! My advice that I have learnt this year is..Do what makes you happy! 


I can't wait to keep blogging next year and sharing my journey and I hope you can come along once again for another magical ride...

Before I go I just want to wish you all a Happy New Year! 



No comments